Thomas Jefferson Word
M, b. 6 February 1805, d. 25 May 1890
- Father: Thomas Adams Word b. 12 Dec 1768, d. 12 Feb 1831
- Mother: Justiana Dickinson b. Mar 1776, d. 20 Feb 1865
- Birth*: Thomas Jefferson Word was born on 6 February 1805 at Mount Airy, Surry Co., NC.1,2
- He was the son of Thomas Adams Word and Justiana Dickinson.
- Marriage*: Thomas Jefferson Word married Mary Elizabeth Jackson on 14 July 1840 at MS.3,2
- Census*: Thomas Jefferson Word appeared on the census of 6 June 1850 at Marshall Co., MS. Thomas J. is 41 years old and was born in N.C. He is a lawyer and has real estate valued at $16,000.1
- Death*: He died on 25 May 1890 at Palestine, Anderson Co., TX, at age 85 .2
Family: Mary Elizabeth Jackson b. 2 Mar 1822, d. 13 Mar 1852
Thomas Jefferson Word Jr.1
M, b. 14 November 1848, d. 7 June 1922
- Father: Thomas Jefferson Word1 b. 6 Feb 1805, d. 25 May 1890
- Mother: Mary Elizabeth Jackson1 b. 2 Mar 1822, d. 13 Mar 1852
M, b. 19 May 1772
- Birth*: William Word was born on 19 May 1772 at NC.1
- Marriage*: He married Elizabeth Bryson circa 1792.1
- Deed*: William Word recorded a deed on 3 March 1801 at Surry Co., NC. Lewis purchased from William Word for $150, 30 acres on the east side of Ararat River at the middle fork.2
Family: Elizabeth Bryson b. c 1772
F, b. circa 1802, d. 29 July 1887
- Birth*: Jane Worrel was born circa 1802 at Warren Co., NC.1
- Marriage*: She married Green Renn, son of Joseph Renn and Nancy Maddry, on 8 January 1821 at Warren Co., NC; Harmon Renn was bondsman.2
- Death*: Jane Worrel died on 29 July 1887 at NC .
Family: Green Renn b. c 1800, d. c 1877
- James Ransom Renn+ b. c 1823, d. Jun 1888
- William Green Renn+ b. 24 Jul 1824, d. 28 Jul 1906
- Mary Jane Renn+ b. c 1826, d. b Jan 1874
- Susan Renn b. Jul 1828, d. a 15 Jun 1900
- Sophronia Renn b. c 1830
- Mildred Renn+ b. c 1833, d. 1897
- Martha Renn b. Apr 1836, d. a 15 Jun 1900
- Rev. Joseph John Renn+ b. 12 Jun 1839, d. 2 Jan 1906
Catherine Kitty Worrell1
F, b. circa 1817
- Birth*: Catherine Kitty Worrell was born circa 1817 at NC.2
- Marriage*: She married Doctor Mansfield Duke on 12 May 1840 at Warren Co., NC.
Family: Doctor Mansfield Duke b. c 1810
Betsy Josephine "Joe" Worsley1
F, b. 19 August 1925, d. 10 November 2003
- Father: Joseph Marion Worsley1 b. 1 Dec 1903, d. 12 Apr 1979
- Mother: Sally Genora Renn1 b. 6 Jul 1904, d. 8 Oct 1977
- Marriage*: Betsy Josephine "Joe" Worsley married James Eldridge Parkin.1
- Birth*: Betsy Josephine "Joe" Worsley was born on 19 August 1925 at Wayne Co., NC.1
- She was the daughter of Joseph Marion Worsley and Sally Genora Renn.1
- Death*: Betsy Josephine "Joe" Worsley died on 10 November 2003 at Charlotte, Mecklenburg Co., NC, at age 78 .1
Family: James Eldridge Parkin b. 10 Aug 1924, d. 21 Nov 2008
- [S1213] Unknown author, Findagrave.com.
Joseph Marion Worsley1
M, b. 1 December 1903, d. 12 April 1979
- Birth*: Joseph Marion Worsley was born on 1 December 1903 at Edgecombe Co., NC.2,3
- Marriage*: He married Sally Genora Renn, daughter of James Robert Renn and Sarah E. Brantley, on 8 March 1924 at Louisburg, Franklin Co., NC.1
- Death*: Joseph Marion Worsley died on 12 April 1979 at Pasco, Hillsborough Co., FL, at age 75 .4
Family: Sally Genora Renn b. 6 Jul 1904, d. 8 Oct 1977
Andrew Lynn Wortham1
M, b. 3 September 1926, d. 6 February 2014
- Birth*: Andrew Lynn Wortham was born on 3 September 1926 at Henderson, Vance Co., NC.1
- Marriage*: He married Phyllis Rose Gupton, daughter of David Bryant Gupton and Venie Belle Faulkner, on 28 June 1958 at Henderson, Vance Co., NC.2
- Death*: Andrew Lynn Wortham died on 6 February 2014 at Durham, Durham Co., NC, at age 87 .3
Family: Phyllis Rose Gupton
Douglas Kemp Wortham1
M, b. 26 June 1932, d. 5 July 2005
- Birth*: Douglas Kemp Wortham was born on 26 June 1932 at Vance Co., NC.1
- Marriage*: He married Mildred Mae Pruitt, daughter of James Otho Pruitt and Evie Webb Faulkner, on 2 February 1962 at Vance Co., NC.1
- Death*: Douglas Kemp Wortham died on 5 July 2005 at Henderson, Vance Co., NC, at age 73 .1
Family: Mildred Mae Pruitt b. 17 Oct 1934, d. 28 Apr 2012
- [S1398] Unknown volume, North Carolina Marriages 1759 - 1979, unknown repository.
John D. Wortham1
M, b. 17 July 1842, d. 5 May 1923
- Birth*: John D. Wortham was born on 17 July 1842 at NC.1,2
- Marriage*: He married Mary Jane Renn, daughter of William Green Renn and Delila Dilly Bowden, on 27 April 1887 at William Green Renn's home, Granville Co., NC.1
- Death*: John D. Wortham died on 5 May 1923 at Granville Co., NC, at age 80 .2
- Burial*: He was buried circa 6 May 1923 at Renn Cemetery, Granville Co., NC.2
Family: Mary Jane Renn b. 18 May 1856, d. 8 Jul 1910
Lillian Beatrice Wortham1
F, b. 24 May 1915, d. 5 January 1995
- Birth*: Lillian Beatrice Wortham was born on 24 May 1915 at Warrenton, Warren Co., NC.2
- Marriage*: She married James Ira Renn, son of Ira Thomas Renn and Valara "Lara" Holmes, on 27 June 1936 at Boydton, Franklin Co., VA.1
- Marriage*: Lillian Beatrice Wortham married Theodore Darrell Hedgepeth, son of Isham Guy Hedgepeth and Minnie Perry, on 22 December 1965 at Williston, Carteret Co., NC.3
- Death*: Lillian Beatrice Wortham died on 5 January 1995 at Durham, Durham Co., NC, at age 79 .2
Family 1: James Ira Renn b. 1 May 1915, d. 5 Sep 1967
Family 2: Theodore Darrell Hedgepeth b. c 1928, d. 11 Apr 2005
F, b. 26 January 1891, d. 1 November 1983
- Birth*: Lottie Wortham was born on 26 January 1891 at NC.1
- Marriage*: She married Jesse Thomas Hester, son of Peter Lipscomb Dekalb Hester and Jaley A. Jones, on 19 May 1908 at George F. Wortham's Home, Vance Co., NC.2
- Death*: Lottie Wortham died on 1 November 1983 at Buncombe Co., NC, at age 92 .1
Family: Jesse Thomas Hester b. 6 Aug 1889, d. 4 Apr 1970
- Jessie Mavis Hester
- Winston Dekalb Hester+ b. 9 Jan 1919, d. 10 Aug 1994
- Myrtle Wortham Hester
Mamie Alice Wortham1
F, b. 18 April 1890, d. 10 June 1911
- Father: John D. Wortham1 b. 17 Jul 1842, d. 5 May 1923
- Mother: Mary Jane Renn1 b. 18 May 1856, d. 8 Jul 1910
- Birth*: Mamie Alice Wortham was born on 18 April 1890 at Granville Co., NC.1
- She was the daughter of John D. Wortham and Mary Jane Renn.1
- Death*: Mamie Alice Wortham died on 10 June 1911 at Granville Co., NC, at age 21 .1
- Burial*: She was buried circa 11 June 1911 at Renn Cemetery, Granville Co., NC.1
- [S1213] Unknown author, Findagrave.com.
Richard A. Wortham1
M, b. 8 July 1875, d. 7 October 1960
- Birth*: Richard A. Wortham was born on 8 July 1875 at Granville Co., NC.1,2
- Marriage*: He married Eula Jones, daughter of Memucan Hunt Jones and Missouri A. Peed, circa 1899 at NC.1,2
- Death*: Richard A. Wortham died on 7 October 1960 at LaGrange, Lenoir Co., NC, at age 85 .1
Family: Eula Jones b. 5 Apr 1880, d. 14 Jan 1946
M, b. circa 1874
Spencer Forkner Worthington1
M, b. 1898
- Birth*: Spencer Forkner Worthington was born in 1898.1
- He was the son of Hyrum Worthington and Hannah Forkner.1
- Marriage*: Spencer Forkner Worthington married an unknown person on 22 July 1919 at Orange Co., CA.1
- [S1987] Unknown volume, California County Marriages 1850 - 1952, unknown repository.
F, b. circa 1858
M, b. before 1780
- Birth*: Allen Wren was born before 1780 at NC.
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of Elizabeth Allen and Daniel Edwards on 17 May 1809 at Warren Co., NC; Daniel married Lezy (Elizabeth) Allen. Allen Wren was the bondsman. Allen Wren's mother was an Allen.1
- [S198] Unknown author, Marriages of Bute and Warren Counties, North Carolina 1764-1868, pg 54.
Delitha Jane Wren
F, b. February 1827, d. 1905
- Birth*: Delitha Jane Wren was born in February 1827 at NC.
- She was the daughter of William Wren and Middie Clark.
- Marriage*: Delitha Jane Wren married Moses Bennett Faulkner, son of James Falkner and (?) Bennett, in 1843 at NC.
- Census*: Delitha Jane Wren appeared on the census of 1 June 1880 at Bedford Co., TN. Delitha is 51 years old and living with her son William H.1
- Census: She appeared on the census of 1 June 1900 at Bedford Co., TN. Delitha J. is 75 years old. She was born in Feb 1825 in N.C.
She has had 10 children and 5 are still living.2
- Death*: She died in 1905 at Bedford Co., TN.
- Burial*: She was buried after 1905 at Clark Cemetery, Bedford Co., TN.
Family: Moses Bennett Faulkner b. 1824, d. 1879
- William Harding Faulkner b. 1844, d. 22 Jun 1896
- Mary Elizabeth Faulkner b. Mar 1845, d. 10 Sep 1885
- Joseph James Faulkner b. 1849, d. 1915
- Thomas L. Faulkner b. Jun 1852, d. 1940
- George W. Faulkner b. 21 Feb 1858, d. 12 Dec 1924
- Charles Ranson Faulkner b. 8 May 1861, d. 4 Oct 1943
- Edward Lee Faulkner+ b. Nov 1866, d. 1915
M, b. circa 1861
F, b. circa 1856
M, b. circa 1783
- Birth*: Joel Wren was born circa 1783 at NC.
- Marriage*: He married Chaney Mangum on 9 July 1803 at Warren Co., NC.1
- Deed*: Joel Wren recorded a deed on 24 August 1811 at Warren Co., NC. Joel Wrenn of Warren Co, N.c. bought land in Franklin Co. 24 Aug 1811. pg 50 DEED book 16.2
Family: Chaney Mangum b. c 1784
F, b. circa 1830
- Birth*: Lily Wren was born circa 1830 at NC.
- Marriage*: She married Ivey Ball, son of Guilford Ball and Elizabeth Faulkner, on 4 August 1849 at Granville Co., NC; Albert Ellington, Bondsman.1
Family: Ivey Ball b. c 1831
- [S185] Brent H. Holcomb, Granville Co., N.C. Marriages 1753-1868, pg 16.
Lucy F. Wren
F, b. circa 1865
M, b. circa 1807
- Marriage*: Thomas Wren married Elizabeth (?)
- Birth*: Thomas Wren was born circa 1807 at NC.
- Census*: He appeared on the census of 28 June 1870 at Sandy Creek, Warren Co., NC. Thomas is 63 yrs old and a farmer. He has personal Property valued at $475.1
Family: Elizabeth (?) b. c 1815
- [S6] 1870 Warren Co., N.C. Census.
M, b. circa 1797
- Birth*: William Wren was born circa 1797 at NC.
- Marriage*: He married Middie Clark on 6 November 1817 at Warren Co., NC; William Brown was bondsman and Jo Terrell, D.C. witness.1
- [S198] Unknown author, Marriages of Bute and Warren Counties, North Carolina 1764-1868, pg 185.
M, b. circa 1827
- Birth*: William Wren was born circa 1827 at NC.
- Marriage*: He married Mary (?) circa 1855 at Granville Co., NC.
- Census*: William Wren appeared on the census of 1870 at Fishing Creek, Granville Co., NC. William Wren, age 43, occupation is Wheelwright, Real property value $100, Personal Prop. $100. He is listed with his wife Mary, age 40, and 5 children as indicated. 2. 1880 Granville Co., Fishing Creek Twp; William Renn, age 52, and wife Mary E., age 45 listed with 4 children.1
Family: Mary (?) b. c 1830
- [S68] 1870 Granville Co., N.C. Census.
Abner Earl Wrenn1
M, b. 3 October 1924, d. 12 March 1989
- Father: George Washington Wrenn Jr.1 b. 15 May 1892, d. 9 Apr 1967
- Mother: Ellie B. Champion1 b. 28 Jun 1900, d. 30 Sep 1991
- Birth*: Abner Earl Wrenn was born on 3 October 1924 at Louisburg, Franklin Co., NC; Surname is recorded as Wrenn in Birth Register.1
- He was the son of George Washington Wrenn Jr. and Ellie B. Champion.1
- Marriage*: Abner Earl Wrenn married Nell Ida Nellolene Leonard on 2 December 1950 at Nashville, Nash Co., NC.2
- Death*: Abner Earl Wrenn died on 12 March 1989 at Durham, Durham Co., NC, at age 64 .3
- Burial*: He was buried circa 15 March 1989 at Lancaster Memorial Park, Louisburg, Franklin Co., NC.4
Family: Nell Ida Nellolene Leonard b. 18 May 1928, d. 1 Aug 2014
F, b. circa 1815
- Marriage*: Anna Wrenn married an unknown person.
- Birth*: She was born circa 1815.1
- She was the daughter of Elias Wrenn and Elizabeth (?)1
- [S208] Dr. Stephen E., Jr. Bradley, Will Book K Franklin Co., North Carolina 1834-1840, pg 49.
Bessie Gray Wrenn1
F, b. 4 March 1894, d. 15 November 1980
- Birth*: Bessie Gray Wrenn was born on 4 March 1894 at NC.1,2
- She was the daughter of George Washington Wrenn and Abbie N. Finch.1
- Marriage*: Bessie Gray Wrenn married James A. Cleveland Ayscue on 4 February 1912 at Vance Co., NC; James Ayscue, 21, married Mrs. Bessie Renn, age 19.3,4
- Death*: Bessie Gray Wrenn died on 15 November 1980 at Louisburg, Franklin Co., NC, at age 86 .2
- Burial*: She was buried circa 17 November 1980 at Corinth Baptist Church Cemetery, Franklin Co., NC.5
Family: James A. Cleveland Ayscue b. 3 May 1887, d. 7 Nov 1956
- Hurley Jenkins Ayscue6 b. 8 Dec 1912, d. 1 Jan 2000
- Louise Elizabeth Ayscue6 b. 9 Jul 1914, d. 17 Oct 1992
- Ora Lee Ayscue6 b. 21 Jan 1915, d. 16 Oct 2001
- Percy Henderson Ayscue7 b. 14 Dec 1917, d. 24 Oct 1996
- Bessie Lee Ayscue8 b. 18 Oct 1919, d. 2 May 1921
- James Y. Ayscue2 b. 15 May 1921, d. 28 Jul 1921
- John Oliver Ayscue3 b. 14 Feb 1925, d. 16 Jun 2008
- Mary Antonio Ayscue3 b. 6 Jul 1926, d. 27 Feb 2010
- Willard Eugene Ayscue3 b. 2 Apr 1928, d. 3 Jun 2012
- Edna G. Ayscue3
- Jerrell Thomas Ayscue2 b. c 21 May 1934, d. 4 Jul 1934
- Norman Perry Ayscue9 b. 10 Oct 1938, d. 10 Oct 1997
- [S132] 1910 Franklin Co., N.C. Census.
- [S180] Unknown volume, Franklin Co., N.C. Death Certificate, Register of Deeds Franklin Co, NC Courthouse.
- [S20] Unknown volume, Franklin Co., N.C. Birth Register, Register of Deeds Franklin Co, NC Courthouse.
- [S138] Unknown volume, Vance Co., N.C. Marriage Register, Register of Deeds Vance Co., NC Courthouse.
- [S1213] Unknown author, Findagrave.com.
- [S549] 1930 Franklin Co., N.C. Census.
- [S865] Unknown author, N.C. Birth Index 1800 - 2000.
- [S160] Unknown volume, Vance County, N.C. Birth Register, Register of Deeds Vance Co., NC Courthouse.
- [S2229] Unknown volume, North Carolina Death Indexes, 1908-2004, www.Ancestry.com.